Friday, October 24, 2008

Updates on this and that



I finally had class and did a fondant cake. I'm not overly happy with it but it's ok. I was supposed to use gumpaste for the flowers and used fondant. Oh, well! I'll learn. I made 2 batches of fondant yesterday and a double batch of butter cream icing. I baked 3 cakes today. One was a 12 x 18, a guitar, and an 8" round. The first will be a pay check for so many years of service, the guitar is for Christopher's 18th birthday, and the round is for class Monday!!!!
Now for good news about Jeremy.
This is from Susan, his wife.............
We received good news today, The Leukemia is in remission!!Thank God! We will be in Indianapolis on Sunday evening he starts round 2 on Monday, we got the keys to the apartment on Tuesday when he had the bone marrow done. Jeremy shouldn't have to be hospitalized unless he gets sick or develops an infection. So we should see you in church sometime next week!!
Pretty awesome, huh?
A dear friend passed away, Greg Burket's grandmother, Nellie Brinkman. I need to get ready to go to the viewing so this will be short! later!

No comments: