Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Angels in my Life

Wow, where does the time go? I'm thinking back to a very scared girl in my 20's that had been diagnosed with fibromyalgia after fearing cancer and arthritis.  There wasn't very much information out there and I really didn't understand this thing that was taking my energy and causing so much pain. Looking things up on the internet I found a message board for fibro.  And there is where the real story begins.  I didn't find just a message board that I could get information from but friends. No, family!  Exchanging gifts at Christmas and even the occasional white elephant exchange.  :-) A cyber shower when they found out I was expecting a surprise, but longed for little one. Presents from all over and even gifts for my little boy.  They didn't want him to feel left out. What love my little Brooke was given from people who I had never seen in person but loved me as if they'd known me all my life.  Some of us have met in person but not all, some have left this earth much too soon we feel in our hearts, but we have a love and understanding that I don't think you'd find very often. When daddy passed away there were so many cards and flowers and more. So many crisis in life but we are there for each other. Maybe not in person but in every other way.  And the prayers......we've seen miracles occur!!!!  One thing I love about my fibro family.......In the middle of the night when sleep is hard to come by......we can pour our hearts out to each other and know that it won't be long before someone is reading it, saying a prayer for you, and giving words of comfort or wisdom, whatever is needed.  Do we all believe the same? Are we the same race? Come from the same walks of life?  Share the same political beliefs?  Not at all and that's what makes it even more awesome!  We agree to disagree agreeably and still love each other unconditionally! So I would have to say......these are angels in my life.  I don't know if I let them know just how much I really love and appreciate them.  I hurt when they hurt! I want to be by their side to help ease their burdens but since I can't.....I pray for them and try in some way to let them know I care.  I must say I am truly blessed because not just everyone has angels like mine!!!!  I thank God for my angels!

1 comment:

bammajan10 said...

Thanking God for you, dear one. Love you.
Jan