Home Made Dishwasher Detergent
- 2 c borax
- 2 c Arm & Hammer washing soda
- 2 c lemi shine*
- 1 c kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until mixed.
- The citric acid in the lemi shine will make everything get a bit hard. The lady suggested letting this mixture sit out in a bowl for a couple of days, stirring often so that's what I'm doing. You will still get a few little "balls" of detergent, but that is just fine! You just don't want it all in one big piece!
- The lemi shine suggests running an empty dishwasher cycle with just that in order to clean your dishwasher.
- Fill your rinse aid spot with white vinegar. I did this and the dishes looked great!
- Use 1 tbs of detergent per load of dishes. I do about a 30/70 split with 30% in the pre-wash spot and 70% in the wash spot. If you don't have a prewash spot, you can put it all in the wash spot. My first time using it I did use 1 - 1/2 TBSP