Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Why oh Why do I seem to procrastinate???

Well, once again I'm cramming to get something finished. A card swap that I had almost a year to get done. In my defense, I did start months ago but as we were doing something different and using sketches I got bogged down. When I finally figured out how to do the sketches.....It's going much better. But, of course, I just have til May 7, to finish the remaining 31 cards. :-) I do have them all cut and folded and part of the mats and such cut. Hopefully, at the crop I'm going to Friday I'll get them all completed and have some breathing space. I have a Close to my Heart party with my niece Thurs. night, the crop Fri. night, a Miche party at my friends on Sat. and church on Sun. I can see lots of resting on Mon. I do know better than to plan too many things in a row but......Hopefully, I'll feel ok and have a great time.
I am excited that I've used some of the things I'm learning from Tracy on some of my cards. I haven't uploaded pics of any except one so I'll share it.
http://www.tracywburgos.typepad.com/ Here is her blog to check out! She's great!!!!!! And such an inspiration to me.
I mod podged the tissue from an actual pattern on the background. The stamp set is from Close to my Heart and I LOVE their stamps. I think they are my new favorite! :-) As for inks (or should I say Inx) I really, really want all of Donna Salazar's Mixed Media Inx colors. They are awesome! Beautiful colors and so juicy that you can emboss with them. No dragging out the embossing pad and trying not to muddy it with your stamps. :-)
http://donnasalazar.typepad.com/ Here is her blog if you want to check it out. She's pretty great, too!
Sooooo, because of my said procrastination I haven't been able to do much journaling but I do have some that I haven't shared yet
.
This is not one of my best pages but it is one of my favorites. It is totally me and how I feel. I had been playing the piano at momma's house and then sat down at the table and created it. So many times when I've sat at the piano I've sang a song as a prayer from my heart. I play when I'm happy, I play when I'm sad. I love my piano!
The above is one of my earlier pages and I was in a like/dislike relationship with India Ink but now I love it! :-) Something that might seem so silly to someone else is the India Ink around the edges with the little bows. The more uneven and wavy they are.....the more I like it! ;-) Even tho I can see so many mistakes on my earlier pages I still love them as I learned from them. Now I can't say I feel the same way about ALL of my mistakes in life but I can say, I think I've learned from them and hopefully they've made me a better person. :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful post! Love how your journaling pages are progressing...thank you for sharing!

Mary Friederichsen said...

Beautiful post! And I love your pages and your card for the swap! Love the tissue pattern idea as well! I do the same procrastination,but am really trying to change that! Mine comes from the fear of just beginning the project being "brave" and taking the chance with the idea. But I am also learning from Tracy to just take the chance and not over think it! ;) she is a great teacher!
Thank you for sharing!