Friday, March 9, 2012

Blessings

You never know when or where you next blessing will show up. My latest blessing showed up in a very creative person who shares her time and talents with so many people. To some it might seem strange considering I've never met her in person but she has inspired me in so many ways. I literally laughed out loud tonight watching her class. In case you'd like to know who it is.......Tracy Weinzapful Burgos, President of Helmar Glue Company. I've started two art journal's and I can't begin to tell you the joy that I've gotten out of trying the new techniques, creating new things, and just taking the time to learn from Tracy and all the others in chat. I'm thinking I'll share some of the pages and perhaps some of the techniques that I'm learning. Oh, one more thing that has me super hyped......Chris told me to go ahead and order a kit that goes with a class Tracy will be teaching. My birthday isn't til May but I'd miss the class if I waited til then. I ORDERED IT TONIGHT!!!! WooHoo!
!
Here is the first page I made for my journal. Tracy told us to draw our own stems and leaves. I used her technique of using a mask for the background and used a charcoal pencil to draw the stems and leaves. I was dissatisfied with some of my words being crooked but........Tracy says to embrace and learn from what you don't like and don't do it again! As hard as it was to do it, once Glue Dad's vote came in as NO I shouldn't change it.......I did as Tracy said. :-) All in all.....I'm happy with it and I really did learn from it.

No comments: