Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Spiced Hot Caramel Cider

The first time my hubby took me to Starbucks and bought me a Hot Spiced Caramel Cider I was hooked. But.......the price was enough that I refused to spend that much money even tho I loved it. I had a coupon for Starbucks so decided to get something. I watched the girl behind the counter make one of the cider drinks and thought......I can do that at home. So.......here is how I did it. It's great with apple cider but you can use apple juice and it's not as expensive.

Simmer your apple juice and mulling spices using the amount it tells you to on the package.
If you can't find the mulling spices you can get the spices ground and mixed in a little carton
at most little markets.
I used sugar free Caramel ice cream topping. Put plenty in there. :-)

Stir well and put whipped cream on the top. I have little caramel sugar sprinkles that I put on top, too! My hubby loves this and has even taken it in his thermos when he goes hunting! :-)
I know it's summer and this is not when most people are wanting hot drinks but........it gives you plenty of time to find any ingredients you may not have! :-) Enjoy!


Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments: